2017 – now: Associate Professor
2014 – 2015: Postdoctoral study at ErasmusAGE Rotterdam Intergenerational Aging Research Centre. Main topic: Healthy Aging
2009 – 2011: Doctoral (PhD ) Degree
2005 – 2008: Specialization in Clinical Immunology
2003 – 2006: Master of Science (MSc) Degree
Expertise and Research Interests
- Human Physiology
- Healthy Aging
- Women‘s Health
- Cardiometabolic Risk Assessment
- Biomarkers of chronic low-grade inflammation and endothelial dysfunction
1. Zaciragic A, Elezovic M, Avdagic N, Babic N, Dervisevic A, Lepara O, Huskic J. Relationship between the Neck Circumference, Standard Anthropometric Measures, and Blood Pressure in Bosnian Young Adults. Eurasian J Med. 2019;51(2):150-153.
2. Zaciragic A, Elezovic M, Babic N, Avdagic N, Dervisevic A, Huskic J. Neck Circumference as an Indicator of Central Obesity in Healthy Young Bosnian Adults: Cross-sectional Study. Int J Prev Med. 2018;9:42.
3. Wen KX, Zaciragic A, Kavousi M, Ikram MA, Franco OH. The role of estrogen on cognitive health in post-menopausal women. Maturitas 2017;100:108.
4. Fajkic A, Music M, Kulenovic AD, Zaciragic A, Avdagic N, Babic N, Lepara O, Pepic E, Dervisevic A, Huskic J. Elevated Serum C-Reactive Protein Level Is not Associated with Serum Nitric Oxide in Patients with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Psychiatr Danub. 2017;29(4):431-436.
5. Stringa N, Brahimaj A, Zaciragic A, Dehghan A, Ikram MA, Hofman A, Muka T, Kiefte-de Jong JC, Franco OH. Relation of antioxidant capacity of diet and markers of oxidative status with C-reactive protein and adipocytokines: a prospective study. Metabolism. 2017;71:171-181.