Dr. Tanja Jurin
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of Psychology
2016 – now: Participating in projects Healthy sexual ageing,
2014 – 2016: PhD in Clinical Psychology, starting a graduate course Psychology of sexuality
2010 – 2014: Postgraduate specialist in Clinical Psychology; finished CBT training and became licenced sexual therapist.
2004 – 2010: MA in Psychology, enrolled in postgraduate doctoral studies in psychology and postgraduate studies for specialist in clinical psychology.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Sexual therapy and CBT
- Teaching graduate class Pychology of sexuality
- Hypersexuality and Sexuality in elderly
- Working as a clinical psychologist and teaching and assistant research from 2004-2010
- Sexuality and anxiety, hypersexuality, woman sexual problems/disfunction, sexuality in youth (risk taking behaviors, sexual education for children and adolescents)
- Jokić-Begić, N., Lauri Korajlija, A., & Jurin, T. (2014). Psychosocial adjustment to sex reassignment surgery: A qualitative examination and personal experiences of six transsexual persons in Croatia. The Scientific World Journal, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/960745
- Carvalho, J., Štulhofer, A., Vieira, A. L., & Jurin, T. (2015). Hypersexuality and High Sexual Desire: Exploring the Structure of Problematic Sexuality. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 12(6). https://doi.org/10.1111/jsm.12865
- Štulhofer, A., Bergeron, S., & Jurin, T. (2016). Is High Sexual Desire a Risk for Women’s Relationship and Sexual Well-Being? Journal of Sex Research, 53(7). https://doi.org/10.1080/00224499.2015.1084984
- Štulhofer, A., Jurin, T., & Briken, P. (2016). Is High Sexual Desire a Facet of Male Hypersexuality? Results from an Online Study. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 42(8). https://doi.org/10.1080/0092623X.2015.1113585
- Arbanas, G., Jurin, T., Mozetič, V., Matanović, S. M., Rožman, J., Markić, D., & Žegura, I. (2016). The first croatian guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of persons with premature ejaculation. Lijecnicki Vjesnik, 138(11–12).
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
Avenue Louise 149 | 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 533 3800
Fax: +32 (0)2 533 3890