2016 – now: Institute on Ageing Research/Executive Board Member
2014 – 2016: School of Economics/Vicedean of Postgraduate Studies. Universidad de Murcia
2010 – 2014: Fulbright Postdoctoral Researcher/ UCLA
2004 – 2010: Marie Curie Postdoctoral Researcher/Surrey University
Expertise and Research Interests
- Sociology of Health and Sexuality
- Socioeconomics determinants of Health
- Sociology of the body
- Sociology of the family
- Martínez-Martínez, A.L. & Bote, M. (2019). Grandparent caregivers: The consequences of providing child care in a metropolitan area of southeast Spain. Early Child Development and Care, 189(15), 1-12.
- Bote, M. & Martínez-Martínez, A.L. (2019). Main theoretical approaches to functional diversity: A literature review. International Journal on Disability and Human Development, 18(1), 13-20.
- Martínez-Martínez, A.L. & Bote, M. (2019). Socioeconomic determinants in the use of Assisted Human Reproduction Techniques in Spain. Política y Sociedad, 56(1), 583-601.
- Martínez-Martínez, A.L. & Bote, M. (2017). Busting myths: Conceptual approach to the sexuality of people with functional diversity. International Journal of Social Science and Humanities Research, 2(12), 1-30
- Ishii, S., Karlamangla, A.S., Bote, M., Irwin, M.R., Jacobs Jr, D.R., Cho, H.J., & Seeman, T.E. (2012). Gender, obesity and repeated elevation of C-reactive protein: data from the CARDIA cohort. PloSone, 7(4), e36062.
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.