Dr. M. Dolores Gil Llario
- University of Valencia
2018 – now: Full Professor (Univ. Jaume I, Spain)
2002-2018: Associate professor (U. Val. Spain)
2018-now: President Association Salusex
2005-2006: Vice-Dean of Educational Faculty (U. Val. Spain)
1995- 2002: Assistant professor (Univ. Valencia, Spain)
1990 –1992: Psychologist (Red Cross, Spain)
1987-1989: Predoctoral researcher scholarship (U. of Val Spain)
Expertise and Research Interests
- Sexuality in people with intellectual disability and with autism spectrum disorder. Sexual abuse prevention
- Sexuality in life span: adolescents, young and older people
- Sexuality in minors at social risk, sexting.
- Aids prevention
- Male sex workers
- Developmental and Educational psychology: Special Education, learning disabilities.
SEXUALITY IN PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY. SEXUAL ABUSE PREVENTION
- Gil-Llario, MD, Morell-Mengual, V. Ballester-Arnal, R.& Diaz, I. (2018). The experience of sexuality in adults with intellectual disability. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 62, pp 72-80. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jir.12455.
- Gil-Llario, MD., Morell, V. Díaz, I. & Ballester, R. (2019). Prevalence and sequelae of self-reported and other-reported sexual abuse in adults with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 63, 138-148. DOI: doi: 10.1111/jir.12555
- Gil-Llario, MD., Ballester, R., Morell, V., Caballero, L. Y Castro, J. (2019). Development and Psychometric Properties of the «Detection of Sexual Abuse Risk Screening Scale (DSARss)»Sexual Abuse, https:// doi.org/10.1177/1079063219858061
- Gil-Llario, MD., Ballester-Arnal, R. et al. (2014). Effectiveness of HIV Prevention for Women: What Is Working?. AIDS AND BEHAVIOR. 18, pp. 1924 – 1933. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10461-014-0703-5>. ISSN 1090-7165
- Gil-Llario, MD, Morell-Mengual, V. Ballester-Arnal, R., et al. (2015). Sexual sensation seeking in spanish young men and women with diferent sexual orientations. JOURNAL OF SEX & MARITAL THERAPY. 41, pp. 525 – 530. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0092623X.2014.931316>