Prof Osmo Kontula
- Population Research Institute, Helsinki
1998 – 2019: Research Professor, The Population Research Institute, Family Federation of Finland.
1996 – 1997: Associate Professor, Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki.
1991 – 1994: Research Director, Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki.
Expertise and Research Interests
Sexology, sexual science, sex research, national sex surveys, sexual and reproductive health, cultural differences in sexual issues, sex education, adolescent sexuality.
Couple relationships, divorces, family, population and sexual policies, fertility, demographic behavior.
Associate Editor of the Journal of Sex Research, Advisory Committee member and Chair of the Sexuality Education Committee of the World Association for Sexual Health (WAS).
- Kontula Osmo & Anneli Miettinen (2016). Determinants of female sexual orgasms. Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology 2016, 6: 31624 –
- Kontula Osmo (2014). Challenges and progress in holistic sexuality education of teenagers in Finland. In M. Kenny (Ed.) Sex Education: Attitude of Adolescents, Cultural Differences and Schools’ Challenges (pp. 93-129). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Kontula Osmo (2013). Sexuality Among Older Adults. International Handbook on the Demography of Sexuality (Ed. Amanda K. Baumle), International Handbooks of Population, Volume 5, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-5512-3_10, Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht. pp. 195 – 214.
- Kontula Osmo (2011). An Essential Component in Promoting Sexual Health in Europe is Training in Sexology. International Journal of Sexual Health 23:3:168-180.
- Kontula Osmo (2009). Between Sexual Desire and Reality: The Evolution of Sex in Finland. The Family Federation of Finland: The Population Research Institute D49/2009. Helsinki. 255 pp