2019 – now: Professor, Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, University of Bremen
2012 – 2018: Professor, Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, University of Braunschweig
2007 – 2012: Professor, Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology & Psychotherapy, University of Bielefeld
2003 – 2007: Juniorprofessor
Expertise and Research Interests
- Intimate Partner Relationship & Parent-Child Relationship
- Mental and Somatic (Chronic) Illnesses
- à Threats to physical or psychological health
- Sexuality one important area of intimate relationships
- Child maltreatment
- How to prevent, support or provide treatments to affected individuals, couples and families
- Information processing in individuals with mental disorders
- Heinrichs, N., Zimmermann, T., Huber, B., Herschbach, P., Russel, D.W., & Baucom, D. H. (2012). Cancer Distress Reduction with a Couple-Based Skills Training: A randomized controlled trial. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 43, 239-252.
- Zimmermann, T., Baucom, D., Kelly, J. & Heinrichs, N. (2015). Cross-Country Perspectives on Social Support in Couples Coping with Breast Cancer. Frontiers in Psychological and Behavioral Science, 4, 52-61.
- Heinrichs, N., Cronrath, A.-L., Degen, M. & Snyder, D. K. (2011). The recursive influences of child psychopathology and couple relationship functioning. Family Science, 1, 152 -172
- Zimmermann, T., Herschbach, P, Wessarges, M. & Heinrichs, N. (2011). Fear of Progression in Partners of Chronically Ill Patients. Behavioral Medicine, 37, 95-104.