2019 – now: Professor, Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, University of Bremen
2012 – 2018: Professor, Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, University of Braunschweig
2007 – 2012: Professor, Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology & Psychotherapy, University of Bielefeld
2003 – 2007: Juniorprofessor
Expertise and Research Interests
- Intimate Partner Relationship & Parent-Child Relationship
- Mental and Somatic (Chronic) Illnesses
- à Threats to physical or psychological health
- Sexuality one important area of intimate relationships
- Child maltreatment
- How to prevent, support or provide treatments to affected individuals, couples and families
- Information processing in individuals with mental disorders
- Heinrichs, N., Zimmermann, T., Huber, B., Herschbach, P., Russel, D.W., & Baucom, D. H. (2012). Cancer Distress Reduction with a Couple-Based Skills Training: A randomized controlled trial. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 43, 239-252.
- Zimmermann, T., Baucom, D., Kelly, J. & Heinrichs, N. (2015). Cross-Country Perspectives on Social Support in Couples Coping with Breast Cancer. Frontiers in Psychological and Behavioral Science, 4, 52-61.
- Heinrichs, N., Cronrath, A.-L., Degen, M. & Snyder, D. K. (2011). The recursive influences of child psychopathology and couple relationship functioning. Family Science, 1, 152 -172
- Zimmermann, T., Herschbach, P, Wessarges, M. & Heinrichs, N. (2011). Fear of Progression in Partners of Chronically Ill Patients. Behavioral Medicine, 37, 95-104.
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.