2016 – now: European Federation of Sexology Gold Medal achievement award
2014 – 2016: Scientific Board member of the EFS and WAS
2010 – 2014: Full Professor of Sociology, University of Zagreb
2004 – 2010: Affiliated Faculty of the Kinsey Institute for Sex, Gender and Reproduction, member of the IASR
Expertise and Research Interests
- Adolescent sexual risk taking
- Research on pornography use
- Epidemiology of sexual health, especially in older people
- Sexuality and emotional intimacy
- HIV vulnerability among hard to reach populations
- Sexuality education
- Social Capital
- – Structural equation modelling
- Štulhofer, A., Hinchliff, S, Jurin, T., Carvalheira, A, & B. Traeen(2018). Successful aging, change in sexual interest and sexual satisfaction in couples from four European Countries. European Journal of Ageing, doiorg/10.1007/s10433-018-0492-1.
- Kohut, T., & Štulhofer, A. (2018). Is Pornography Use a Risk for Adolescent Well-Being? An Examination of Temporal Relationships in Two Independent Panel Samples. PLoSONE 13(8): e0202048.
- Štulhofer, A., Hinchliff, S, Jurin, T., Hald, G. M., & B. Traeen(2018). Successful Aging and Changes in Sexual Interest and Enjoyment Among Older European Men and Women. Journal of Sexual Medicine. Online first, doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2018.08.011
- Werner,M., Štulhofer, A.,Waldorp,L., &Jurin, T. (2018).A network approach to hypersexuality: Insights and clinical implications.Journal of Sexual Medicine, 15(3): 373-386.
- Schoenfeld, E. A., Loving, M. J., Pope, T. M., Huston, T. L, & Štulhofer, A. (2016). Does sex really matter? Examining the connections between spouses’ nonsexual behaviors, sexual frequency, sexual satisfaction, and marital satisfaction.Archives of Sexual Behavior. DOI: 10.1007/s10508-015-0672-4.
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.