2016 – now: European Federation of Sexology Gold Medal achievement award
2014 – 2016: Scientific Board member of the EFS and WAS
2010 – 2014: Full Professor of Sociology, University of Zagreb
2004 – 2010: Affiliated Faculty of the Kinsey Institute for Sex, Gender and Reproduction, member of the IASR
Expertise and Research Interests
- Adolescent sexual risk taking
- Research on pornography use
- Epidemiology of sexual health, especially in older people
- Sexuality and emotional intimacy
- HIV vulnerability among hard to reach populations
- Sexuality education
- Social Capital
- – Structural equation modelling
- Štulhofer, A., Hinchliff, S, Jurin, T., Carvalheira, A, & B. Traeen(2018). Successful aging, change in sexual interest and sexual satisfaction in couples from four European Countries. European Journal of Ageing, doiorg/10.1007/s10433-018-0492-1.
- Kohut, T., & Štulhofer, A. (2018). Is Pornography Use a Risk for Adolescent Well-Being? An Examination of Temporal Relationships in Two Independent Panel Samples. PLoSONE 13(8): e0202048.
- Štulhofer, A., Hinchliff, S, Jurin, T., Hald, G. M., & B. Traeen(2018). Successful Aging and Changes in Sexual Interest and Enjoyment Among Older European Men and Women. Journal of Sexual Medicine. Online first, doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2018.08.011
- Werner,M., Štulhofer, A.,Waldorp,L., &Jurin, T. (2018).A network approach to hypersexuality: Insights and clinical implications.Journal of Sexual Medicine, 15(3): 373-386.
- Schoenfeld, E. A., Loving, M. J., Pope, T. M., Huston, T. L, & Štulhofer, A. (2016). Does sex really matter? Examining the connections between spouses’ nonsexual behaviors, sexual frequency, sexual satisfaction, and marital satisfaction.Archives of Sexual Behavior. DOI: 10.1007/s10508-015-0672-4.