Dr. Valeska Padovese
- Genitourinary Clinic, Maltese Ministry of Health
2015 – now: Head of sexual health clinic in Malta.
2010 – 2014: Dermatologist and Venereology at the National Institute for Health, Migration and Poverty (Rome), Italy and Project coordinator in Djibouti
2004 – 2010: Dermatologist and project coordinator in Lampedusa, Malta, Ethiopia, Afghanistan
Expertise and Research Interests
- STIs and HIV in vulnerable groups (inmates, sex workers, migrants)
- Skin diseases and STIs in refugees
- Point of care testing (POCT)
- HIV and skin correlates
- Tropical dermatology and infectious diseases
- Public health
- Donachie A, Spiteri G, Barbara C, Melillo T, Hadad R, Gauci Farrugia A, Unemo M, Padovese V. Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) in men who have sex with men (MSM): a re-emerging problem, Malta, 2018. Euro Surveill. 2018 Oct;23(43). doi: 10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2018.23.43.1800541.
- Padovese V, Morrone A. Challenges of Refugees Diseases to Dermato-Venereology in Europe. Chapter of the 5th Edition White Book. White Book Editing Team: Prof.H. Gollnick Magdeburg ( editor ), Prof.M.Bagot ,Paris ( coeditor), Prof.J.Barker, London (co-editor), Prof.G.Naldi, Bergamo (co-editor)
- Padovese V, Racalbuto V, Barnabas GA, Morrone A..Operational research on the correlation between skin diseases and HIV infection in Tigray region, Ethiopia. Int J Dermatol. 2015 Oct;54(10):1169-74. doi: 10.1111/ijd.12809.
- Padovese V, Egidi A.M, Fenech Melillo T, Didero D, Costanzo G, Mirisola C . Migration and determinants of health: clinical epidemiological characteristics of migrants in Malta (2010-2011). J Public Health (Oxf). 2013 Nov 25
- Padovese V, Egidi A.M, Fenech Melillo T, Farrugia B, Carabot P, Didero D, Costanzo G, Mirisola C. Prevalence of latent tuberculosis, syphilis, hepatitis B and C among asylum seekers in Malta. Journal of Public Health 2013; doi: 10.1093/pubmed/fdt036