2019 – now: Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University
2017 – 2019: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia
2013 – 2017: PhD Student, University of Toronto
2008 – 2013: Epidemiologist, British Columbia Centre for Disease Control
2006 – 2008: MSc Student, McGill University
Expertise and Research Interests
- Integration of sexual and mental health services
- Social epidemiological methods
- Sexual and gender minority population health
- Sexually transmitted infections and HIV
- See: http://blogs.ubc.ca/travissalway/
- Salway T, Plöderl M, Liu J, Gustafson P. Effects of multiple forms of information bias on estimated prevalence of suicide attempts by sexual orientation: An application of a Bayesian misclassification correction method to data from a systematic review. Am J Epidemiol 2019;188(1):239-249.
- Salway T, Ross LE, Fehr CP, Burley J, Asadi S, Hawkins B, Tarasoff LA. A systematic review and meta-analysis of disparities in the prevalence of suicide ideation and attempt among bisexual populations. Arch Sex Behav 2019;48(1):89-111.
- Salway T, Ferlatte O, Shoveller J, Purdie A, Grennan T, Tan DHS, Consolacion T, Rich A, Dove N, Samji H, Scott K, Blackwell E, Mirau D, Holgerson N, Wong J, Gilbert M. The need and desire for mental health and substance use-related services among clients of publicly funded sexually transmitted infection clinics in Vancouver, Canada. J Public Health Manag Pract 2018;e-pub.
- Salway T, Ferlatte O, Purdie A, Shoveller J, Trussler T, Gilbert M. Healthcare engagement among gay and bisexual men with recent suicide ideation or attempts. Am J Orthopsychiatry 2018;88(6):713-722.
- Salway Hottes T*, Bogaert L, Rhodes AE, Brennan DJ, Gesink D. Lifetime prevalence of suicide attempts among sexual minority adults by study sampling strategies: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Public Health 2016;106(5):921.
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.