Dr. Tomislav Meštrović
- +385 91 5245 581
2016 – now: Assistant Professor, University Centre Varaždin, University North, Varaždin, Croatia
2014 – now: Laboratory Director, Clinical Microbiology and Parasitology Unit, Dr. Zora Profozić Polyclinic, Zagreb, Croatia
2013 – now: News-Medical.Net Health Portal
Expertise and Research Interests
- Sexually transmitted infections/diseases
- Sexual problems related to reproduction
- Andrology research (infections influencing semen parameters)
- Research methods related to sexual medicine
- Patient and couple-centred care
- Clinical microbiology
- Public health
- Global burden of disease
- Science communication
- Science diplomacy
- Meštrović T. A microbial game of whack-a-mole: clinical case series of the urethral uncloaking phenomenon caused by Corynebacterium glucuronolyticum in men treated for Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis. Infection 2019; 47: 121-124.
- Meštrović T, Wilson J, Ljubin-Sternak S, Sviben M, Bedenić B, Barać A, Neuberg M, Drenjančević D, Ribić R, Kozina G. A ‘pathogenic needle’ in a ‘commensal haystack’: Genetic virulence signatures of Corynebacterium glucuronolyticum that may drive its infectious propensity for the male urogenital system. Medical Hypotheses 2019; 126: 38-41.
- Meštrović T, Bedenić B, Wilson J, Ljubin-Sternak S, Sviben M, Neuberg M, Ribić R, Kozina G, Profozić Z. The impact of Corynebacterium glucuronolyticum on semen parameters: a prospective pre-post treatment study. Andrology 2018; 6: 223-229.
- Meštrović T, Profozić Z, Neuberg M, Kozina G, Savić I, Profozić V. Characteristics and Distribution of Penile Lesions in Croatian Men with Laboratory-Confirmed Low-Risk and High-Risk Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection. Clinical Laboratory 2017; 63: 971-981.
- Sviben M, Missoni EM, Meštrović T, Vojnović G, Galinović GM. Epidemiology and laboratory characteristics of Trichomonas vaginalis infection in Croatian men with and without urethritis syndrome: a case-control study. Sexually Transmitted Infections 2015; 91: 360-364.