Dr. Paraskevi-Sofia Kirana
2016 – now: member of executive committee of European Federation of Sexology (EFS)
2014 – 2016: member of ESSM educational committee, Head of Centre for Sexual and Reproductive Health of ISUD
2010 – 2014: Educational activities on management of sexual dysfunctions for health care providers
2004 – 2010: researcher on sexual dysfunctions at ISUD
Expertise and Research Interests
- Male Sexual dysfunctions
- Psychosexual management, epidemiology
- Female sexual dysfunctions
- Psychosexual management
- Theoretical models for the promotion of sexual health
- Management of sexual dysfunctions
- Epidemiological studies on sexual problems
- Training of health professionals in the field of sexual health
- Kirana PS, et al. A Conceptual Framework for the Evolution of Sexual Medicine and a Model for the Development of Alternative Sexual Health Services: 10-Year Experience of the Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health. J Sex Med 2009; 6 (9): 2405-16.
- Kirana PS.et al. Subjective well- being as a determinant of individuals’ response to symptoms: A bio-psychosocial perspective. Int J Clin Prac 2009; 63 (10): 1435-45.
- Clayton A, Goldstein I, Kim N, Althof S, Faubion S, Faught B, Parish S, Simon J, Vignozzi L, Christiansen K, Davis S, Freedman M, Kingsberg S, Kirana PS, Larkin L, McCabe M, Sadovsky R. The International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health Process of Care for Management of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder in Women . Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2017; Mayo Clin Proc. 2018 Apr;93(4):467-487
- Zachariou A, Filiponi M, Kirana PS. Translation and validation of the greek version of the female sexual function questionnaire. IJIR 2017; Jul;29(4):171-174
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.