Dr. Kateřina Klapilová
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Czech Republic
- +420 604 348 403
2015 – now: Senior researcher. Laboratory of Evolutionary Sexology, National Institute of Mental Health.
2008 – now: Assistant professor. Faculty of Humanities, Charles university.
2000 – 2012: Student. Ph.D. in Medical Psychology and Psychopathology
Expertise and Research Interests
- Evolutionary sexuology; Disorders of sexual preference
- Hormones and sexuality; Human sexual response
- Female sexuality; National surveys of sexual behavior
- Sexuality in psychiatric patients
- The ESSM Oxford School of Sexual Medicine (Certifikát ECPS)
- Senior researcher (and founder) in the Laboratory of Evolutionary Sexology and Psychopathology; www.sexlabnudz.cz
- Roberts, S.C., Klapilová, K., Little, A.C., Burriss, R.P., Jones, B.C., DeBruine, L.M., Petrie, M. & Havlicek, J. (2012): Relationship satisfaction and outcome in women who meet their partner while using oral contraception. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B. 279, 1430-1436. doi: 10.1098/rspb.2011.1647. (IF 5.064).
- Klapilova, K., Cobey, K.D., Wells, T., Roberts, S.C., Weiss, P. & Havlíček, J. (2014): Current Hormonal Contraceptive Use Predicts Female Extra-pair and Dyadic Sexual Behavior: Evidence Based on Czech National Survey Data. Evolutionary psychology, 12,1, 36-52 (IF 1.704).
- Havlicek, J., Cobey, C. D., Barett, L., Klapilova, K., Roberts, S.C. (2015). The spandrels of Santa Barbara? A new perspective on the peri-ovulation paradigm Behavioral Ecology 05/2015; DOI:10.1093/beheco/arv064 (IF 3.2)
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.