Dr. Hanneke de Graaf
- Rutgers, Dutch Centre of Expertise on SRGR
- +31 30 2329820
2016 – now: Research on sexual development/sexual health of young people with intellectual or physical disabilities or with neurodevelopmental conditions
2004 – 2016: PI on the Dutch periodical sexual health survey Sex under the age of 25 and Sexual health in the Netherlands
Expertise and Research Interests
- Sexual development of children and adolescents
- Sexuality during the lifespan
- Online sexual behavior (porn use, sexting)
- Epidemiology of sexual health
- Sexual health of LGBT
- De Graaf, H., Vanwesenbeeck, I., Meijer, S., Woertman, L., & Meeus, W. (2009). Sexual trajectories during adolescence: Relation to demographic characteristics and sexual risk. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 38, 2, 276-282.
- De Graaf, H., Vanwesenbeeck, I., Woertman, L., Keijsers, L., Meijer, S., & Meeus, W. (2010). Parental support and knowledge and adolescents’ sexual health: Testing two mediational models in a national Dutch sample. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 39, 189-198.
- De Graaf, H., & Rademakers, J. (2011). The psychological measurement of childhood sexual development in Western societies: Methodological challenges. Journal of Sex Research, 48, 118 – 129. doi: 10.1080/00224499.2011.555929.
- De Graaf , H., Vanwesenbeeck, I. & Meijer, S. (2015). Educational differences in adolescents’ sexual health: A pervasive phenomenon in a national Dutch sample. The Journal of Sex Research, 52, 747-757. doi: 10.1080/00224499.2014.945111.
- De Graaf, H. & Picavet, C. (2017). Sexual Trajectories of Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Adults in the Netherlands. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 47, 1209-1219. doi: 10.1007/s10508-017-0981-x.