2018 – now: Permanent position, assistant professor, at University of Groningen
2014 – 2016: Lecturer and researcher, ECPS, EFS-ESSM, at University of Groningen
2009 – 2013: PhD at University of Groningen
2008 – 2009: MSc at Kings College, London;
2002 – 2006: Short Stay Psychiatric Unit Malta (Head of shift), University of Malta
Expertise and Research Interests
The main research area is the dynamics between sexual arousal and disgust. This gives insights reflected in sexual in sexual pain disorders, sexual misuse and abuse, sexual risky behaviours etc.
- Borg, C., Oosterwijk, T. A., Lisý, D., Boesveldt, S., & de Jong, P. J. (2019). The influence of olfactory disgust on (Genital) sexual arousal in men. PLoS ONE, 14(2), [e0213059].
- Dewitte, M., Borg, C., & Lowenstein, L. (2018). A psychosocial approach to female genital pain. Nature reviews urology, 15, 25-41.
- Borg, C., de Jong, P. J., & Elgersma, H. (2014). Sexual Aversion and the DSM-5: An Excluded Disorder with Unabated Relevance as a Trans-diagnostic Symptom. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 43(7), 1219-1223. https://doi.org/(…)07/s10508-014-0341-z
- Borg, C., de Jong, P. J., & Georgiadis, J. R. (2014). Subcortical BOLD responses during visual sexual stimulation vary as a function of implicit porn associations in women. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 9(2), 158-166. ttps://doi.org/10.1093/scan/nss117
- Borg, C., & de Jong, P. J. (2012). Feelings of Disgust and Disgust-Induced Avoidance Weaken following Induced Sexual Arousal in Women. PLoSONE, 7(9), [e44111]. https://doi.org/(…)journal.pone.0044111
> 40 Peer reviewed articles and chapters
European Sexual Medicine Network
COST Action CA18124
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.