Prof. Bente Traeen
- University of Oslo
- +47 93043572
1988 – 1995: The National Institute of Public Health/ Alcohol and Drug Research, Oslo
1995 – 2001: The National Institute of Public Health, Oslo
2001 – 2012: University of Tromsø, Tromsø
2012 – present: University of Oslo, Oslo
Expertise and Research Interests
- Adolescent sexuality
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Sexuality in older adults
- Pornography research
- Sexual health interventions
- Equine assisted therapy, alcohol research
- Træen, B. & Hovland, A. (1998). Games people play. Sex, alcohol and condom use among urban Norwegians. Contemporary Drug Problems, 25 (Spring), 3-48.
- Træen, B. (2003). Effect of an intervention to prevent unwanted pregnancy in adolescents. A randomised, prospective study from Nordland County, Norway 1999-2001. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology, 13, 207-223.
- Træen, B. (2008). When sex becomes a duty. Sexual & Relationship Therapy, 23 (1), 61-84.
- Træen, B., Stulhofer, A., Janssen, E., Carvalheira, A. A., Hald, G. M., Lange, T., & Graham, C. (2018). Sexual Activity and Sexual Satisfaction among Older Adults in Four European Countries. Archives of Sexual Behavior